Create your own jungle artwork inspired by Pongo’s journey through the trees. Then hang it up in your window, and when the light shines through the tissue paper, the colours glow beautifully - just like the drawings in Jesse Hodgson's book 'Pongo'!
YOU WILL NEED:
1. Pritt stick glue
2. Coloured tissue paper (light green, dark green, blue, and yellow or orange)
3. One sheet of tracing paper
4. Safety scissors
WHAT TO DO:
1. Make sure you have your glue, tissue paper, tracing paper and scissors ready.
2. Choose a jungley colour from your tissue paper and cut out some leafy shapes. Try and cut out small leaves AND bigger leaves.
3. Start glueing the leaves down onto your tracing paper, making a collage of jungle leaves.
4. Choose another two or three jungle colours and cut out some more leafy shapes from them. Glue them all down onto your page and try to layer and overlap the leaves as much as possible.
5. Now find your orange or yellow tissue paper, and cut out a round circle for the sun. Tip: find an object to draw around to get a nice round circle (like a jam jar or a cup).
6. Stick your bright sun onto the tracing paper ANYWHERE you like.
7. Now all you have to do is find a way to hang it in front of a window, so the sun can shine through and illuminate it!